What is Adult Accommodation Support Service Wagga?
We provide community based group home support to adults with an
intellectual disability. Kurrajong services are underpinned by the person
centered approach which recognises individuality.
What does it do?
Adult Accommodation Support Service provides adults with an intellectual
disability support within a group home setting. The level of support
varies depending upon the relative need:
- Community Workers provide active support 24 hours per day
- Community Workers support is only provided during specific times of
the day, this may include sleepovers
- Limited support to people with a physical disability
Adult Accommodation provide training in a variety of areas depending on
1. Social Skills - Support in relationships, self-esteem, communication,
self-advocacy, decision making and choice, rights and responsibilities.
2. Money Management - Support in budgeting, bill paying, banking. A
percentage of the person's pension is required to support the person to
live in Adult Accommodation
3. Relaxation & Leisure Activities - Support in social and sporting
4. Household Living - Support in cooking, cleaning, shopping, personal
safety. Community workers assist service users with all of these
5. Personal Life - Support in managing health, making and keeping
medical appointments, healthy eating, personal hygiene, personal
presentation, managing behaviour.
6. Community Access - Each person receives support to access the
community according to their individual needs.
7. Vocational/Employment - Support provided to assist a person to
maintain their lifestyle to enable them to continue to access their
Why is it important?
Enables adults with an intellectual disability to live in the
community with the appropriate level of support.
Who can use this service?
An adult who has an intellectual disability and requires
moderate support to live in the community. Placements are dependent on
the availability of resources and relative need. It is preferable that
each service user has employment or a day service placement outside of
their accommodation support.
Where do people live?
Adult Accommodation has eight group homes spread throughout