- We commenced our operations in 1957 as a child minding service for disabled children and adults to provide a break for their parents/carers.
- Has grown to be one of the largest charitable organisations assisting people with a disability and their families in regional and country NSW.
- One of the few disability organisations in New South Wales to offer an extensive range of services and supports to babies, children and adults with a disability through key transition points in their lives.
- Directly assists over a thousand people with a disability and their families in the 26 local government areas in the Riverina Murray region of NSW. An area larger than Tasmania and represents 20% of the State of NSW.
- Has an operating turnover of more than $21 million dollars each year.
- 39% (over $8 million) of this income is earned or raised directly by us.
- The economic benefit from our operations to the Riverina Murray region's local communities via the multiplier effect is $80 - $100 million each year.
- The social benefit to individuals with a disability, to their parents/carers and to the community from our services is of course immeasurable.
- We operate a number of businesses providing supported employment to over 150 adults with a disability.
- We support school leavers with a disability in their transition from school to work programs.
Lifestyle Day Services:
- We operate from six main service sites and from a number of individual sites in various towns across the regions to provide services to over 73 adults with a disability for whom work is not their highest or chosen option.
Early Childhood Intervention Services:
- We provide a range of early education and therapy services for babies and young children with complex support needs arising from delays or disabilities in two or more areas of their development.
- Family support, training and counselling is also provided to their families.
- Over 400 babies and young children from birth to school age are assisted each year through our services.
- Therapy services are provided to school aged children up to eight years.
Supported Accommodation Services:
- We support over 47 adults and children/adolescents with a disability who require supported accommodation in community settings through our 13 group homes.
- Respite care is also provided to over 43 others to enable their parents or carers to have a break from care.
- Our Community Living Support services assist 21 adults with a disability to live in their own houses, flats or units in their community with drop in support and assistance to remain or become more independent.
Our Latest Service:
- Independent Living Support Initiative provides assistance to 7 clients in Temora and Narrandera.
Older Parent/carer Support Coordination Service:
- Our InterLink service supports and assists over 380 older parent/carers who still have responsibility for the care of their son or daughter with a disability living at home with them. The average age of parent/carers we assist is 71 years of age.