WHAT IS ALLAMBIE ADULT ACCOMMODATION SUPPORT SERVICE
Kurrajong Supported Living Leeton (formerly Allambie Adult Accommodation
Support Service Leeton) is a division of Kurrajong . We provide community
based group home support to adults with an intellectual disability.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
Kurrajong Supported Living Leeton provides adults with an
intellectual disability support within a group home setting. The level of
support varies depending upon the relative need:
- Community Workers support is only provided during specific times of
the day, this may include sleepovers.
Kurrajong Supported Living Leeton provide training in a variety of
areas depending on individual needs:
1. Social Skills - Support in relationships, self-esteem, communication,
self-advocacy, decision making and choice, rights and responsibilities.
2. Money Management - Support in budgeting, bill paying, banking. A
percentage of the person's pension is required to support the person to
live in Adult Accommodation.
3. Relaxation & Leisure Activities - Support in social and sporting
4. Household Living - Support in cooking, cleaning, shopping, personal
safety. Community workers assists service users with all of these
5. Personal Life - Support in managing health, making and keeping
medical appointments, healthy eating, personal hygiene and presentation.
6. Community Access - Each person receives support to access the
community according to their individual needs.
7. Vocational/Employment - Support provided to assist a person to
maintain their lifestyle to enable them to continue to access their
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
Enables adults with an intellectual disability to live in the
community with the appropriate level of support.
WHO CAN USE THE SERVICE?
An adult who has an intellectual disability and requires moderate
support to live in the community. Placements are dependent on the
availability of resources and relative need. It is preferable that each
service user has employment or a day service placement outside of their
WHERE DO PEOPLE LIVE?
Kurrajong Supported Living Leeton is located in the suburb
of Wattle Hill. It was built through support from the Leeton Community.
It commenced as a Children's Hostel in the late 1980's and became an
Adult Accommodation Support Service during the mid 1990's.