WHAT IS KURRAJONG SUPPORTED LIVING WEST WYALONG (FORMERLY
MARASHEL ADULT ACCOMMODATION SUPPORT SERVICE WEST WYALONG)?
Kurrajong Supported Living West Wyalong is a division of
Kurrajong. We provide community based group home support to adults with
an intellectual disability.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
Kurrajong Supported Living West Wyalong provides adults with an
intellectual disability support within a group home setting in the
community. The level of support varies depending upon the relative need.
- Community Workers provide support 24 hours per day
- Limited support to adults with a physical disability as well as an
Kurrajong Supported Living West Wyalong provide training in a
variety of areas depending on individual needs:
1. Social Skills - Support in relationships, self-esteem, communication,
self-advocacy, decision making and choice, rights and responsibilities.
2. Money Management - Support in budgeting, bill paying, banking.
3. Relaxation & Leisure Activities - Support in social and sporting
4. Household Living - Support in cooking, cleaning, shopping, personal
5. Personal Life - Support in managing health, making and keeping
appointments, healthy eating, personal hygiene and presentation.
6. Community Access - Each person receives support to access the
community according to their individual needs.
7. Vocational/Employment - Support provided to assist a person to
maintain their lifestyle to enable them to continue to access their
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
Enables adults with an intellectual disability to live in the
community of West Wyalong with the appropriate level of support.
WHO CAN USE THE SERVICE?
An adult who has an intellectual disability and requires moderate
support to live in the community. Placements are dependent on the
availability of resources and relative need. It is preferable that each
service user has employment or a day service placement outside of their
WHERE DO PEOPLE LIVE?
Kurrajong Supported Living West Wyalong is situated within
the town of West Wyalong.