Home Login Site Map


1. Does a prospective resident have to supply a medial certificate or report to certify her/his ability to live independently?

Management reserves the right to seek a medical certificate from the applicant’s doctor to certify the applicant’s ability to live independently.

2. Does a resident have to provide documentation of her/his medical condition and medications?

Access to this information enables management to provide assistance or support in an emergency situation. If this information is not provided, residents will be required to advise management in writing that they will not provide this information and that this may prevent management from providing adequate care and support.

3.What restrictions are there on a resident in the use of her/his unit and the village facilities with regard:

    1. to having someone else live with her/him;
    2. to having visitors, including overnight or short stay guests;
    3. to car parking;
    4. to pets; and
    5. to other restrictions?

Residents cannot have another person reside permanently with the resident. Short stay and over night guests are permitted. Car parking is provided for each unit and visitor car parks are also provided. Visitors or owners cars are not to be parked in front of the garage, on lawns or blocking the entry or exit of others. Keeping of pets is discouraged and must not be housed anywhere within the village without the permission of management. Other restrictions may be imposed after consultation between residents and management.

4. What type of public, private or village transport is available to residents?

The village is situated approximately two kilometers from the city centre. The public bus service runs infrequently and is available within one kilometer of the village. A taxi service is available and many residents are eligible for use of the local community transport service. Management will provide a small bus for village outings when available.

5. Can a resident’s contract be terminated? Under what conditions?

Yes, but only following a breach of the Rosebank Village rules, contract or the provisions of the Retirement Villages Act 1999.

6. Can a resident move or be moved from one part of the village to another and if so under what circumstances?

Yes, but only with the approval of management. Management is sympathetic to residents changing circumstances.

7. Does the village have a residents committee?

No, residents voted to not have a formalised residents committee, but rather meet with management on a regular basis.

8. Does the village have a resident’s social committee?

The residents elect a social committee in August each year to serve for a term of one year.

9. What protection does a resident have against a loss of rights (including accommodation rights) if the village is sold to another organisation or party?

Any sale of the village would be subject to the existing contracts between residents and the owner.

10. Can residents be made liable for any additional or extraordinary charges and if so for what purpose?

This would only eventuate if the common charges for the village needed to be increased for an extraordinary unanticipated expense. This would be discussed with all residents first.

11. Are there any restrictions on the resident on the sale of her/his unit? What happens if there is a dispute over the sale price?

Title to the unit does not vest in the resident. Upon vacating the unit a resident or the resident’s legal representative is refunded 80 per centum (80%) of the incoming contribution paid by the resident to gain entry to the village.

12. What is the background and experience of the retirement village’s owner and management?

Management has been selected by the directors of Kurrajong Waratah from within that company and supported where necessary, by external individuals with suitable management and advisory skills. Kurrajong Waratah has provided services to the community and operated businesses within the community for over 48 years.